This explains how and why we acquire and use your personal information in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We collect information about you:
· as part of your loan application and during the term of any agreement
· from you and from searches of Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs) of their records relating to you and other people with whom you are linked financially, from public records, e.g. the electoral roll and third parties e.g. credit brokers where you have provided information to them and consented for it be passed to us
· this includes your name, address, national insurance number, date of birth, contact details, marital status, employment information, credit record and records of your account.
We use your information to:
• make credit decisions about you, members of your household or others to whom you are linked financially
• communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post
• manage your account, make collections and debt tracing
• prevent fraud and money laundering
• report to CRAs and FPAs
• report to our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, where we are required to do so
This is to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and fulfil our legitimate interests of promoting responsible lending. If you do not provide us with your information, we will not be able to lend to you.
We may also use your information for other purposes where you have consented to this for example for surveys and research.
We may share your information with:
· third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which manage your loan or provide services for us
• law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law
• CRAs and FPAs to which we may report positive, delinquent and default data about your account(s) on a regular (minimum monthly) basis. This information may be supplied to other organisations which search your credit record.
When CRAs receive a search from us they place a search “footprint” on your credit file whether or not the application proceeds. Records remain on file with CRAs and FPAs for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
More information about CRAs and how they use personal information is available at http://www.experian.co.uk/crain/index.html or you can contact the agencies below:
Call credit Information Group, One Park Lane, LEEDS, LS3 1EP. Tel: 0330 024 7574 or visit: http://www.callcredit.co.uk/consumer-solutions/con... or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equifax Ltd, Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, LEICESTER, LE3 4FS. Tel: 0333 321 4043 or 0800 014 2955 or visit: https://www.equifax.co.uk/Contact-us/Contact_Us_Pe... or email from: www.equifax.co.uk/ask
Experian, PO BOX 9000, NOTTINGHAM, NG80 7WF. Tel: 0344 481 0800 or 0800 013 8888 or visit: http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/contact-us/inde... or email: email@example.com
We store your information:
· within the European Economic Area (EEA)
· we may transfer data outside the EEA but will ensure that before we do so, there is adequate protection in place to ensure the security of your data.
We keep your information:
· for as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law.
You have the right to:
• access the information we hold about you
• ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
• ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information
• receive your information in a format that suits you
• transfer your information to a third party
• be told which CRAs we have used and obtain a copy of your file from CRAs.
If you have question, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact our Data Protection Officer B J Gorman,Planet Loans,PO Box 8, Brough,HU15 2PS
01482 222399, 07804 391 358, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, telephone 0303 123 1113.
I agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice and acknowledge that as part of my loan application the lender may undertake searches of my records with Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies and that information regarding my loan account including positive, delinquent and default data will be reported to those agencies and may be accessed by other organisations which search my records.
I consent to the use of my personal data by the lender for use by tracing agencies and debt recovery organisations, internal marketing and account review purposes.
By completing an application you are agreeing that the lender may search their records for information about you and with credit reference & fraud prevention agencies who will record details of the search. If you borrow, details of how you conduct your account (including going into default) may be disclosed to the agencies.
Any information provided to the lender or others may be used for making credit decisions regarding you, members of your household or others to whom you are linked financially. Information may also be used for debt tracing, fraud prevention and the prevention of money laundering.
If you are making a joint application in the absence of the other party or if you state a financial association with another person, you are declaring that you are entitled to disclose information about him or her and to authorise the lender to search, link and record information about you and anyone referred to by you, with credit reference agencies.
This application may be assessed with reference to records of other people with whom you are linked financially, unless those links have been severed.
You have a right to be told which credit reference agencies the lender has used and a right to obtain a copy of your credit file.
We are committed to ensuring that any complaints are treated in a clear, effective and transparent manner. All complaints will be dealt with fairly, reasonably and promptly, in accordance with the Financial Ombudsman Service guidance.
If you have a complaint, do not hesitate to bring it to our attention by contacting us. You can call 01482 222399, text 07804 391 358, or email email@example.com , and we will endeavour to resolve all complaints brought to our attention within 3 working days.
Q: How do I repay?
A: Weekly, fortnightly, or monthly to suit you.
Q: Can I pay back through my bank?
A: Yes, you just choose a date that is convenient for you.
Q: How will I get the money if my loan is accepted?
A: Once the loan has been approved we will contact you to arrange signing of the paperwork and you can specify receiving the loan as cash or transferred directly into your bank account.
Q: What happens once I have applied?
A: You will usually be contacted by text or email (we will ask your preference) advising a decision in principle. Once you have received an approval in principle we will contact you the same day to arrange signing of paperwork and issue of the loan.
Q: How long before I get a decision?
A: Normally within 48 hours during the working week.
Q: What if I change my mind after applying?
A: Just contact us and we'll cancel the application - there are no charges.
Q: Will my application details be passed on to other credit grantors?
A: No! All application details are confidential and remain with us. We do not sell or pass on any of your information.
Q: Will I have to pay broker fees, or admin/setup charges?
A: No, we're not a broker so there’s no middle-man, and we don't charge you for setting an account up.